Make this festive time one to remember, with a modern twist and delicious snacks like these beetroot devilled eggs for Easter lunch!
MAKES 6 // COOKING TIME 50 min
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1. Cook the beetroot in boiling water until soft, 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. When cool enough to touch, peel the beetroot. Use a hand blender to purée it. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Boil eggs for 8 minutes. Immediately drain and place in a bowl of ice water to cool down.
4. Peel the cooked eggs and cut in half. Carefully remove the yolks and set aside the cooked whites without breaking them.
5. Add the yolks, garlic, olive oil and salt to the beetroot purée and blend again until smooth.
6. Place the purée in a piping bag. Pipe swirls of it into the cooked, halved egg whites.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli // HMimages.co.za