Have you tried miso paste? If not you definitely should! And we have the perfect recipe for you to use it in, Asian miso and green veg soup with noodles!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 30 min
1 tbsp oil
½ onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 ½ tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
5 cups chicken stock
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 cups brown mushrooms, sliced
1 cup mung bean sprouts
1 cup Swiss chard, torn
½ cup fresh coriander
¼ cup spring onion, chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
150 g rice noodles
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and fry for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
2. Dissolve miso paste in soy sauce and chicken stock, then add to the pot. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
3. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and simmer for a further 10 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the sprouts and Swiss chard.
5. Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and divide between bowls.
6. Pour broth over the noodles and top with coriander, spring onion and chilli flakes.
Top tip: Miso paste is a traditional Japanese seasoning made from soy beans. If you can’t find it in your local shop, it’s easily available at most Asian stores.
Recipes & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Samantha Pinto
We love making these whenever we have leftover stir-fry. Our crispy Asian dumplings are a bite-sized taste surprise that you will go back for again and again.