Our guide on how to make vanilla chia pudding with pawpaw purée
SERVES 4 // HANDS-ON 15 min // HANDS-OFF 60 mins
500 ml rice milk (or your choice)
125 ml chia seeds
60 ml maple syrup
1 vanilla pod, seeds only
125 ml double-cream yoghurt
2 small pawpaws, peeled, seeded and cubed
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1. Mix the rice milk, chia seeds, 2 tbsp maple syrup and vanilla seeds in a glass bowl. Cover with cling film and place in fridge for 1 hour, until seeds have swelled up and mixture has thickened.
2. Remove from the fridge and add the yoghurt.
3. Place ½ the pawpaw, 2 tbsp maple syrup and the lime zest and juice in a blender. Blend to a purée.
4. In individual glasses, layer chia-seed pudding and pawpaw purée, building 2 layers of each.
5. Top with remaining pawpaw and serve immediately.