This strawberry salad with goat’s cheese croutons is the perfect summer side to share at your lunch party this weekend!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 40 mins
For the salad
100g goat’s cheese, cut into 5 mm rounds
60 ml flour
1 egg, beaten
125 ml panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
400g baby salad leaves
400g strawberries, halved
½ cucumber, sliced
1 red onion, peeled and sliced
For the dressing
100g strawberries, sliced
80 ml olive oil
75 ml white wine vinegar
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1. Place the goat’s cheese rounds in the freezer for 15 minutes.
2. Place the flour, the egg, and the breadcrumbs and salt in 3 separate bowls.
3. Remove the cheese from the freezer and dip in the flour, then egg and then the breadcrumbs, completely covering in crumbs.
4. Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
5. Make the salad dressing by mixing all the ingredients with a hand blender.
6. Carefully place the cheese in the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.
7. Arrange the salad leaves on a platter with the strawberries, cucumber, onion and deep-fried goat’s cheese croutons.
8. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
For another salad option try our supergreeen salad with coconut bacon! It’s vegan too!