At MK headquarters, we believe that a little bacon can make a whole lot of difference! We paired this salty delight with cream cheese and spinach for a delicious hands-on meal.
120g streaky bacon
160g pancetta, cut into 1 cm lardons
4 naan breads
300g baby spinach
Salt and cracked black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
6 spring onions, sliced
150g cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place the bacon and lardons on a baking tray and roast for 15 minutes, until golden and crispy. Heat the naans for a few minutes. Set aside.
3. Place 200g spinach in a dry pan, season and fry over medium heat for 3 minutes, until wilted. Add the lemon juice, remove from the pan, set aside.
4. In the same pan, heat the oil and fry 2 spring onions over medium heat for 2 minutes, until soft.
5. Place the cooked spinach, spring onions and bacon in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season.
6. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each naan, then a layer of spinach purée. Top with the remaining spinach, spring onions and lardons, and serve.