Make our spicy sweet-potato pancakes this weekend instead of your regular pancakes! They’re loaded with chai spices and covered in syrup and almonds. YUM!
1 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 cup milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
Oil for frying
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
½ cup almonds, toasted and chopped
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and the spices together.
2. Whisk together the eggs, sweet potato, milk and brown sugar.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until it becomes a soft batter (it should have the consistency of yoghurt).
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and spoon about 2 tbsp of batter per pancake into the pan. Shape into a circle. Flip over as soon as bubbles start to show on top of the pancake, and brown on the other side. Repeat until batter is finished.
5. For the syrup, combine the butter, syrup and cinnamon.
6. Stack the pancakes on a plate, top with the chopped almonds and pour over the cinnamon syrup.
Dessert meets breakfast with this delicious carrot-cake porridge recipe. Nutritious and delicious! What more could you want?