Are you in a mood for a hearty breakfast, but lacking ideas? Then look no further because our budget-friendly spicy Spanish omelette has your name on it!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 60 mins
500 g potatoes, peeled
⅓ cup flour
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
100 g butter
1 bunch (3–4) leeks, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
½ tsp nutmeg
100 g cheddar, grated
⅓ cup milk
125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
Flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Boil the potatoes until just done. Leave to cool, then dice.
3. Place flour, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper in a ziplock bag. Add the potatoes and shake.
4. Melt 50g butter in an oven-proof frying pan over medium heat. Fry the potatoes in batches until golden. Remove.
5. Reduce to low heat and melt the remaining butter in the same pan. Fry leeks, garlic and nutmeg until leeks are softened, about 8 minutes.
6. Whisk together eggs, cheddar and milk. Add the potatoes and tomatoes to the pan, then pour the egg mixture over. Stir gently to combine.
7. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10–15 minutes, until the egg is just set.
8. Cut into squares and garnish with parsley.
This breakfast hash with prosciutto, rocket and Parmesan recipe will have you bouncing out of that bed and into the kitchen this weekend! It’s just that good!