This shredded beef couscous recipe is the perfect dish to make when you have leftover roast beef! It’s quick, delicious and can be adapted with any meat.
¼ cup couscous
¼ cup boiling water
Juice and zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
¼ tsp ground cumin
200g cherry tomatoes
1 cup roast beef, shredded
2 spring onions, sliced, to serve
Parsley, to serve
Baby basil leaves, to serve
1. Place the couscous in a bowl and cover with the boiling water. Soak for five minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and zest and one tablespoon of olive oil, then season. Fluff with a fork.
2. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan set over medium heat and fry the cumin until fragrant. Pour over the couscous.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan. Add the tomatoes and cook until the skins split. Season and set aside.
4. Heat the brisket in the pan.
5. Serve the brisket with the couscous, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley, basil and lemon wedges. Season well.
How good does this look? If you are looking for a Sunday meal that’s quick to make, but still full of comforting meaty flavour, our steak and chips is sure to do the trick.