Whether you are craving a quick, delicious meal or you’re looking for a way to use up last night’s leftover roast beef, we’ve got the recipe for you. This dish can also be easily adapted to use whichever meat you have in your fridge, be it shredded chicken, pork or yummy roast lamb.
¼ cup couscous
¼ cup boiling water
Juice and zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
¼ tsp ground cumin
200g cherry tomatoes
1 cup roast beef, shredded
2 spring onions, sliced, to serve
Parsley, to serve
Baby basil leaves, to serve
1. Place the couscous in a bowl and cover with the boiling water. Soak for five minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and zest and one tablespoon of olive oil, then season. Fluff with a fork.
2. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan set over medium heat and fry the cumin until fragrant. Pour over the couscous.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan. Add the tomatoes and cook until the skins split. Season and set aside.
4. Heat the brisket in the pan.
5. Serve the brisket with the couscous, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley, basil and lemon wedges. Season well.