You won’t believe how easy these little chocolate pots are to throw together! And, if you’re anything like editor Heather and completely addicted to chocolate, this will be soft cocoa lullabies to your ears…
Pinch of salt
120g caster sugar
3 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp cocoa, plus extra for dusting
1 cup milk
85g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
185g brown sugar
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cream, whipped, to serve
Fresh cherries, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sift the flour, salt, caster sugar, baking powder and 4 tbsp of cocoa into a bowl.
3. Add the milk, butter, eggs and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into two 250 ml greased pudding moulds.
5. Stir the brown sugar and the remaining cocoa in a bowl to combine. Sprinkle it over the puddings.
6. Carefully pour the boiling water over the puddings and bake for 20–25 minutes.
7. Remove the chocolate pots from the oven and leave to cool before serving each with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry on top, and sprinkle with a pinch of cocoa.