Pizza’s great, but sometimes Saturday night calls for a takeaway-style Thai dinner, if you ask us. Our peanut-chicken noodles are super-cheap and will be on the table in 30 minutes.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
Salt and black pepper
4 skinless chicken breast fillets
¼ cup smooth peanut butter
¼ cup soy sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 bunch spring onions, ½ chopped, ½ sliced diagonally
4 × 75g two-minute noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
1. Bring a pot of water to a simmer, season, and add the chicken. Poach for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow the chicken to cool in the water.
2. Reserve ½ cup cooking water and discard the rest. Slice the chicken.
3. To make the dressing, mix the reserved cooking water, peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice and chilli flakes in a bowl.
4. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat and stir-fry the garlic and chopped spring onions for 3 minutes. Add the noodles, chicken and dressing, and toss to coat.
5. Serve the peanut-chicken noodles topped with the sliced spring onions and the coriander.