Try our delicious Dutch pea soup with bacon recipe also known as Erwtensoep to keep you cosy and warm this winter season!
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME 25 min
250 g bacon, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 cups water
1 vegetable-stock cube
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 leeks, chopped
4 cups frozen peas
Handful micro herbs, to garnish
1. Fry the bacon in a pot until crispy. Remove a few pieces to top your soup.
2. Add the carrot, celery and bay leaf. Fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add the water and stock cube and simmer for 15 minutes. Then strain the soup, reserving the liquid. Return the veggies and bacon to the pot.
4. Add the butter and oil to the pot and fry the leeks until golden. Add the peas and reserved cooking liquid and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Puree until almost smooth and season to taste. Serve with extra crispy bacon and herbs.
Want another delicious soup to keep you warm this winter? then try our sweet potato soup with crispy kidney beans recipe.