Get creative and add fresh nasturtiums to your meal, like in this tasty chicken pancakes recipe. The result? Summer on a plate!
SERVES 8 // COOK TIME ± 40 mins
1 cup flour, sifted
1½ cups milk
Salt and pepper
2 red chillies, chopped
1 cup nasturtium flowers
4 chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
8 baby corn, sliced
3 mixed peppers, diced
1 cup salsa
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
1. Combine the eggs, flour, milk and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Then transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the chopped chillies.
2. Ladle about one third of a cup of batter into a non-stick crêpe pan set over medium heat and quickly press a few nasturtiums into the pancake before the batter sets.
3. Cook on each side for about 30 seconds. Stack and set aside each pancake until you’ve used all the batter.
4. Brush each chicken breast with a little olive oil and grill in a hot pan until cooked through. Cut into strips and set aside.
5. Place about four strips of chicken, along with two tablespoons each of baby corn and peppers, in the centre of each pancake. Season well and top with a dollop of salsa and a sprinkling of coriander before folding the pancakes into wraps.
Sweet and salty flavours make these chicken wraps with cranberry and whipped feta a delicious pairing for you lunch prep!