MAKES 6 // HANDS-ON 30 min // HANDS-OFF 60 mins
1 tsp honey, melted
125 ml lukewarm water
250g white bread flour
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp double-cream yoghurt
1 tbsp nigella seeds
1. In a bowl, mix yeast, honey and water. Set aside until it bubbles.
2. Place flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Add 1 tbsp butter, yoghurt and yeast mixture. Mix with a fork.
3. Gradually start incorporating flour from the sides until a rough dough forms. Bring it together with your hands – it should be soft and sticky. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
4. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm spot to proof for 1 hour.
5. Knock back and divide into 6 balls. Roll out each ball into an oval, about 1½ cm thick.
6. Preheat oven to a low heat.
7. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add a naan and cook, turning halfway.
8. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with seeds. Keep warm in the oven while you make the rest of the naans