Keep your eating clean on the weekend with this yummy and wholesome lemony polenta porridge with honeyed seeds for brekkies.
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 35 min
For the honeyed seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tsp honey
½ tsp olive oil
For the porridge
1 cup milk
1 cup water
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
¼ cup polenta
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray.
2. For the honeyed seeds, combine the ingredients and bake for 10 minutes.
3. For the porridge, heat the milk, water, honey, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and gradually whisk in the polenta.
4. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
5. Divide the porridge between two bowls and sprinkle with seeds.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen/HMimage.co.za