MyKitchen graphic designer Kayla is sharing her healthy bacon and pea carbonara recipe with us this weekend. Who’s ready for pasta?
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
200 g streaky bacon, chopped
Handful chives, chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
500 g tagliatelle
50 g Parmesan, grated
Dried herbs (such as basil, origanum or parsley)
Salt and pepper
250 g frozen peas, cooked and drained
1. Fry the bacon in a hot pan until super-crispy. When it’s almost done, add the chives and garlic.
2. Boil the tagliatelle until al dente. Drain, but leave a little bit of water in the pot.
3. In a bowl, combine the eggs, cheese (reserving some to garnish), herbs and season.
4. Add the cheesy sauce, bacon and cooked peas to the pasta. Stir to coat thoroughly and allow the cheese to melt into the other ingredients.
5. Garnish with reserved cheese and season.