This grilled chicken breast with raw veggie salsa recipe is the ultimate clean meal that will help you get summer body ready.
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 30 min
For the chicken
4 lean chicken breast fillets, butterflied all the way through
Olive oil, to drizzle
4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
For the salsa
4 spring onions, sliced
1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
1 mielie, kernels only
1 avocado, peeled and diced
Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful radishes, thinly sliced
Handful sugar snap peas, chopped
Handful parsley, chopped
For the dressing
60 ml olive oil
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 chilli, seeded and chopped
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. Place chicken in a dish and drizzle with oil. Season with the rest of the ingredients. Marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Mix all the salsa ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
4. Pour the dressing over the salsa and leave it to marinate while you grill the chicken.
5. Heat a griddle pan and grill the chicken for 3–4 minutes on each side, until lightly charred and cooked through.
6. Serve the chicken with a large spoonful of salsa
This wholesome feta-stuffed chicken with rocket salad has everything you need in a meal: lean protein, healthy fats, greens, cheese… Need we say more?