Try our crumbed fish fingers with matchstick chips for a hearty mid week meal! Cook with the fish of your choice, but make sure it’s a sustainable option!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 30 mins
500 g white fish of your choice, skin removed
5 potatoes, peeled
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
Sea salt and pepper
1. Slice the kabeljou into 2 cm strips. Slice the potatoes into matchsticks.
2. Dip each strip of fish in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
3. In a large, deep pot, heat the oil to 130°C. Fry the chips until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
4. Increase the temperature of the oil to 180°C. Fry the fish fingers until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
5. Season the fish and chips and serve immediately.
Searching for a go-to, budget-friendly meal for the middle of the week? Then this 20-minute fish parcel recipe is for you! You’re welcome.