This mixed berry pie recipe is the perfect dessert for someone who loves to bake and wants to satisfy all their guests! You can even make it with your kids!
SERVES 1 // COOK TIME 50-60 mins
For the pastry
2 cups flour
2 tbsp icing sugar
145 g butter, cubed
6 tbsp cold water
1 egg, whisked
For the filling
1 cup each blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries
½ cup brown sugar + extra to top
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Mix flour and icing sugar. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture forms fine crumbs.
2. Add water and mix until a dough forms. Knead lightly to form a ball. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C and set out a pie tin.
4. Roll out the dough to 5 mm thick. Cut out a circle a little bigger than the pie tin. Drape it over the tin and press into the sides and base. Crimp the edges.
5. Roll the remaining dough into a ball and return it to the fridge.
6. Mix all the filling ingredients and spoon into the pie shell.
7. Roll out the remaining dough and cut it into 5 strips.
8. Lay 3 strips across the pie and weave the other 2 strips through them. Trim any excess dough and crimp the edges.
9. Brush the top of the pie with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 50–60 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
Recipe & Styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen
Learn how to make the perfect batch of shortcrust pastry, and then use it to create this apple and raspberry tart.