Calling all tater lovers. Have you tried our creamy herb potato cake ? It’s a scrumptious, savoury dish that will have you swooning for more.
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME 1 hr 30 min
1 tbsp melted butter
¼ cup olive oil
6 potatoes, thinly sliced
4 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp chopped basil
1½ tbsp chopped parsley
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
½ cup smooth cottage cheese
230 g tub smooth cottage cheese
2 celery stalks, ribboned
Handful fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush a springform cake tin with the melted butter.
2. Put olive oil and potatoes in a bowl and toss to coat. Layer half of the potatoes in the cake tin.
3. Whisk together the eggs, herbs, salt and pepper. Gently pour half the egg mixture over the potatoes. Top with remaining potatoes and pour over the remaining egg mixture.
4. Dollop the cottage cheese on top and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes until golden brown and tender.
5. To serve, spoon over extra cottage cheese and top with celery ribbons and fresh parsley.
Recipes & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: K-Leigh Siebritz/ HM Images
Take inspiration from Mzansi and throw together a Sunday lunch everyone will remember with this rooibos and rosemary-crusted lamb roast as your main.