Take 25 minutes of your afternoon to prep this dish, leave it to do its thing on the heat for an hour, and you will have a delicious dinner on the table with minimal effort.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 85 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
500g chicken mince
2 red chillies, seeded and chopped, plus extra to garnish
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chilli flakes
410g tin chopped tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp sugar
410g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper
Coriander, to garnish
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Turn up the heat to high and add the chicken mince, red chillies and spices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the tomatoes, stock and sugar and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the beans and simmer for a further 30 minutes. Season.
5. In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the tortillas one at a time. Cut into wedges and serve with the chilli. Garnish with coriander and red chilli.