Life has enough ups and downs already! So what are you waiting for? Make our low-GI cauliflower nachos – they’re tasty and slowly digested – to make sure your blood-sugar doesn’t spike and crash too.
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME 25 min
1 large cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp turmeric
Salt and black pepper
400 g tin black beans(or corn)
Handful coriander, roughly chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 red onion, diced
Squeeze lemon juice
½ cup grated Cheddar
¼ cup pickled jalapeños
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets, then cut into 1 cm-thick slices.
3. Toss with oil, cumin, chilli flakes, turmeric, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until crispy. Put the grill on.
4. For the salsa, combine beans or corn, coriander, tomatoes and onion. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Place on an ovenproof serving dish. Top with Cheddar and pop under the grill until melted.
6. Serve topped with salsa and jalapeños.
Recipes & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto
Give your meals a healthy family-friendly spin with our shredded chicken, spinach, lettuce, tomato salsa, crispy chickpeas, feta, avocado & corn build-your-own salad boards!