Remember the days when a new box of cereal was the highlight of your week? Well make that day today, with this home-made peanut butter cookie cereal recipe!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 15 min
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup peanut butter
200 g flour, sifted
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ cup chocolate chips
Milk of choice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well incorporated.
3. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth then add the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. Mix to form a dough.
4. Lay a piece of cling film on a clean surface and place half the dough onto the cling film. Shape into a long log and cover tightly with the cling film. Repeat with the remaining dough.
5. Place dough logs in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
6. Slice cookie dough into 1 cm thick rounds and transfer to the prepared tray. Bake for 10–15 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
7. Divide between bowls and serve with milk of your choice.
Recipes & styling: Sjaan van der Ploeg
Photography: Chanelle Manuel/HMIMAGES.CO.ZA, freepik
Need to change things up for brekkie? You can make your own puffed rice granola in a flash, and on a budget. Enjoy it as a cereal with milk or top it with your favourite seasonal fruits and yoghurt.