If you’re ever looking for a good power breakfast, then try this breakfast wrap recipe consisting of: eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, chicken and a drizzle of balsamic.
8 button mushrooms, quartered
4 large brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
¼ cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
½ cup cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp chopped parsley
3 tbsp butter
2 cooked chicken breasts, thinly sliced
Rocket, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Toss the mushrooms in half of the oil, and season. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes in the remaining oil and the balsamic vinegar, and season. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until the skins split open.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, dry-fry each tortilla for a few seconds on both sides until slightly browned.
5. In a bowl, mix the eggs and parsley together, and season. Melt the butter in the frying pan and add the egg mixture. Cook slowly, scraping the sides of the egg to the centre of the pan, until done to your liking.
6. Serve the tortillas with the roast mushrooms and tomatoes, scrambled eggs and turkey slices, and garnish with rocket. Alternatively, roll up the ingredients tightly in the wrap for a cutlery-free meal.
Want something more sweet? Then try this healthy, delicious and also affordable strawberry smoothie bowl recipe. It will brighten up your day and your Instagram feed!