Summer is the very best time to enjoy seafood. Try this unique, easy and deliciously tasty recipe to make the most of your catch!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 15 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
400g angelfish fillet, chopped
½ cup dry breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
¼ cup chutney
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Fry the onions until soft, but not coloured. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the angelfish, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley and thyme to the onion and mix well. Roll into small balls.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in the frying pan over high heat. Shallow-fry the frikkadels for 3–4 minutes, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
4. In a large pot over low heat, mix the chutney, soy sauce and ¼ cup water and bring to a simmer. Add the frikkadels and stir to coat.
5. Serve the frikkadels with the pap.