Not only will it be a sweet start to your day, but these wholewheat waffles are low-GI and give you the slow releasing energy you need to get going!
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 35 min
For the waffles
1¾ cups wholewheat flour
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1¾ cups milk
3 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp water
100 g smooth cottage cheese
1 cup raspberries
¼ cup honey
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Combine all dry ingredients.
3. Add wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Grease the waffle iron with butter. Pour in the batter and cook for 4–6 minutes.
5. Serve topped with cottage cheese, raspberries and honey.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za