Pizza night featuring these delicious and healthy wholewheat tortilla pizzas with ham and mushroom will be a major hit with the fam!
MAKES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
4 wholewheat tortillas
⅔ cup tomato puree
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried origanum
Salt and pepper
2½ cups mozzarella, torn
2 cups spinach, torn
1½ cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
8 slices ham, cut into strips
½ cup olives, pitted and halved
¼ cup fresh origanum (optional)
Olive oil, to drizzle
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the tortillas on baking tray.
3. Mix the tomato puree and herbs. Spread the sauce evenly on each tortilla.
4. Scatter the mozzarella over the tomato bases, then top with spinach, mushrooms and ham.
5. Bake for 6–8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
6. Remove the tortilla pizzas from the oven and top with olives, fresh origanum and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve hot.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za
Loving the alternative pizza base idea? Wait until you try these quick and easy hash brown pizzas!