This twice-baked egg and mushroom potatoes recipe is a great hangover cure! it might take a bit of prep, but trust us it’s worth it!
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME 70 mins
3 large potatoes
Coarse salt, to bake
250g mushrooms, sliced
50 ml roughly chopped sage
50 ml roughly chopped thyme
1 cup grated cheddar
100 ml roughly chopped salad onions,
Salt, to taste
6 large eggs
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and place on a baking tray on a layer of salt. Bake for 40 minutes, until cooked but still firm.
3. While you are waiting for the potatoes, heat the butter in a heavy-based pan and fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Add half of the herbs, and cook for another minute.
4. Halve the potatoes, scoop out half the flesh and place in a bowl. Add the mushrooms, half the cheese and all the onions; then season with salt.
5. Place the filling back in the potatoes, leaving a little hollow in the middle of each one. Crack an egg into each potato half and season with salt. Return to the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
6. Add a squeeze of lime juice and the rest of the cheese.
Get fancy with breakfast this morning by making these super cute eggy phyllo tarts with ham, spinach and cheese! What more could you ask for?