Mushroom lovers rejoice for this simple, easy and delicious pasta recipe! All it takes is some mushroom purée to bring all the flavour to torn pasta pieces.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
10 sheets lasagne, torn
4 tbsp butter
500 g shiitake or black mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
¼ cup water
1. Boil the lasagne pieces until they are al dente. Drain them, but reserve about 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
2. Heat 2 tbsp butter and fry most of the mushrooms (keep some for serving) and garlic until golden.
3. Add ¼ cup water and blend until smooth.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp butter and fry the mushroom purée for 5 minutes. Add the pasta and just enough cooking liquid so that the sauce can coat the pasta. Toss together until well coated.
5. Serve the torn pasta with the reserved sliced mushrooms.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Leftover mushrooms? Save them for this vegan shiitake mushroom pho.