Your favourite coffee cake just got a major upgrade! This tiramisu ice cream cake is the perfect treat for all those hot summer weekends on the way.
SERVES 12 // COOKING TIME 3–4 hours 30 min
200 g finger biscuits
2 L vanilla ice cream, softened
¼ cup chocolate vermicelli
½ cup espresso, cooled
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
90 g pack coffee instant pudding
Cocoa powder, to dust
1. Line the bottom and sides of a loaf tin with cling film, leaving extra hanging over the sides.
2. Line the bottom and sides of the tin with biscuits, reserving the extras. Add ½ the ice cream, spreading it and adjusting the biscuits so they stay in place. Sprinkle chocolate vermicelli.
3. Dunk the remaining biscuits in the coffee and arrange on top of the ice cream. Fill the tin with the remaining ice cream and sprinkle with more vermicelli. Freeze for 3–4 hours.
4. Remove tiramisu from the tin by lifting the overhanging cling film. Remove the cling film and place on a serving plate.
5. Beat together cream, milk and pudding powder until soft peaks form. Place in a piping bag and pipe rounds on to tiramisu. 6. Finish with a dusting of cocoa. Return tiramisu to the freezer before serving.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
If you thought this recipe was delicious, wait till you try our indulgent doughnut ice cream sandwiches.