Add a bit of spice to your weeknight meals and try these Tikka chicken wings with potato wedges, the perfect hot comfort dish!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 15 min
¼ cup tikka spice
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 kg chicken wings
5 potatoes, cut into wedges
Handful micro herbs
1. Whisk together the tikka spice and yoghurt until fully combined.
2. Pour over the chicken wings and toss until they are well coated. Allow to marinate for 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray.
4. Toss the potato wedges with enough vegetable oil to coat them and season well.
5. Spread wedges out on the prepared tray and bake for 30–40 minutes, until crispy and cooked through.
6. Once the potatoes are done, increase the oven temperature to 230°C. Line another baking tray with foil and position a wire rack over it.
7. Arrange the wings on the rack and bake for 25 minutes, until cooked through and slightly charred.
8. Serve with the potatoes and fresh micro herbs.
Recipe & styling: Leila-Ann Mokotedi
Photography: Jotham van Tonder // HMimages.co.za