Thai green curry should be part of everyone’s weekday menu. It’s simple, affordable, and oh-so-delicious for the whole family.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
300 g baby potatoes, quartered
2 handfuls green beans, halved
4 baby marrows, sliced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
400 ml tin coconut milk
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp lime zest
½ cup basil, for serving
1. Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Place over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes. Add the green beans and baby marrows and cook for a further 2–3 minutes until just soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in the same pot over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and stir fry for 1–2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken and fry for a further 2 minutes then add the coconut milk fish sauce, sugar and lime zest.
4. Simmer for 4–5 minutes until chicken is cooked right through.
5. Add the potatoes and vegetables back to the pot and stir through the basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Sean Dollery // HMimages.co.za
These stuffed spuds with sardines and sour cream are another great addition to your weeknight menu!