Try something a little exotic with this Thai coconut soup. Pair with a home-made artisan bread for the perfect combo!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 45 min
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 sachet Thai red curry paste
1 L vegetable stock
400 ml tin coconut milk
2 small butternuts, peeled and chopped
Juice of 1 lime
20 g coriander
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Fry the onion for 2–3 minutes. Add the curry paste and fry for another minute, until fragrant.
2. Add the stock and two-thirds of the coconut milk.
3. When heated through, add the butternut. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until tender.
4. Transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth.
5. Return to the pot, add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reheat gently.
6. Ladle into bowls and swirl the remaining coconut milk over the top. Garnish with coriander.