When the snack cravings hit, make sure you keep a good few of these sweet potato rösti with yoghurt and creamy tuna on hand to munch on.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 50 min
1 tbsp oil
4 spring onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
600 g sweet potato, grated
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup flour
½ tsp cumin
½ cup plain yoghurt
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 tins tuna, drained
¼ cup micro herbs
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Fry spring onion in oil until soft, about 3 minutes, then add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
3. Place the grated sweet potato in the middle of a clean dish cloth and squeeze out some of the moisture.
4. Combine potato, eggs, flour, cumin, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Dollop spoonfuls of the sweet-potato mixture on to the baking tray and shape into circles.
6. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until crispy, flipping halfway through.
7. Combine yoghurt, mayo, lemon juice, dill and cayenne pepper.
8. Spread some of the yoghurt topping on to each rösti and top with creamy tuna and micro herbs.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Sean Dollery // HMimages.co.za
How about putting your new rösti-making skills to the test with this sprouted breakfast stack spicy potato rösti?