You’ll be able to prep this baby with the simplest of ingredients. This comforting sweet potato and feta pie will be perfect for a mid-week meal or to serve up when you have people over.
Pro tip: If your phyllo tears, simply patch the gap with another sheet, stuck on with melted butter. Once it’s cooked, you’ll never notice the difference!
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 55 min
600g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
150 ml cream
50g butter, extra melted to brush
Sea salt flakes and black pepper
100g feta, cubed
4 sheets phyllo pastry
Flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring to the boil and cook until soft.
3. Place the cream, butter and cooked sweet potatoes in a bowl and mash gently (keeping some chunkier bits).
4. Season with 1 tbsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Fold in the feta.
5. Line a pie dish with a sheet of phyllo pastry. Brush with melted butter, then place the next sheet on top. Continue until all sheets are used. Brush the edges of the pastry with butter.
6. Fill with sweet-potato filling and drizzle with oil.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and the filling is piping hot.
8. Garnish with parsley, drizzle with more oil and serve warm.