This summer bread salad is a deliciously filling meal that saves on ingredients as well! It works perfectly with some leftover bread or rolls.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 50 min
500 g rosa tomatoes
115 ml olive oil
Salt and pepper
Leftover baguette, torn up
80 g butter
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sugar
Salad leaves, to serve
1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Toss the tomatoes with 1 tbsp oil and season.
3. Place in a roasting tin and roast for 30 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, add the bread. Dot with butter and sprinkle with lemon zest.
5. Bake until the bread is crispy and the tomatoes are slightly shrivelled.
6. Cool, then mix 100 ml oil, mustard, sugar and lemon juice to make a dressing.
7. Add roast tomatoes and salad leaves, and toss to coat. Serve with the crispy bread and sliced avocado.
Recipe & styling: Jules Mercer
Photography: Gareth van Nelson/HMimages.co.za