Nothing compares to good old-fashioned cheese burgers! Pop some cheese in the patty for extra stuffing and top up on all your favourites!
MAKES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
500 g beef mince
15 g parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and ground
85 g mature Cheddar, thinly sliced
4 burger buns, sliced, buttered and toasted
Tomato, red onion and gherkins, thinly sliced
1. Mix the mince, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, flour, paprika and coriander. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 portions and roll into balls.
3. Flatten each ball slightly and place some Cheddar in the middle, then work the mince to enclose the cheese completely.
4. Preheat your grill or heat a pan with a drizzle of oil. Cook the patties undisturbed for 5–6 minutes on each side.
5. Top your buns with mayo, tomato and red onion. Then pop on the patties, gherkins and lettuce.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za