Easter lunch is sorted with our delicious stone fruit roasted lamb rack (on the cover this April). Sit the family down and dig in for some festive feasting!
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 50 min
2 tbsp butter
1.6 kg lamb rack, bones cleaned
3 tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 peaches, pitted and halved
3 nectarines, pitted and halved
3 plums, pitted and halved
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat some olive oil and butter in a pan over high.
3. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Place it in the pan, skin-side down, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the fat is rendered. Remove from the heat and rest for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the mixed herbs and brown sugar on the skin and wrap foil around the bones.
5. Toss the fruit with the honey and olive oil, and arrange in a roasting tray. Roast for 15 minutes.
6. Place the lamb on top of the stone fruit and return to the oven for 15 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
7. Remove the foil and serve with the roasted stone fruit in a separate dish.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za