Looking for a winning chicken dinner? Look no further than our Chinese-style sticky soy chicken. You can whip it up in under an hour (most of that time is hands-off time!), and you’ll have most of the ingredients in your pantry already.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 40 min
8 chicken drumsticks
¾ cup soy sauce
½ cup honey
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 chillies, finely sliced
Juice of 2 limes
2 tbsp grated ginger
Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Coriander, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the drumsticks in a ziplock bag.
2. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, chillies, lime juice and ginger. Pour over chicken and marinate for 5 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from the bag (reserve marinade), place on a baking tray and cook for 25–30 minutes.
4. In a pot, bring marinade to the boil and cook until reduced by half.
5. About 5 minutes before chicken is done cooking, baste with marinade, then return to the oven to create a sticky glaze.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, a drizzle of marinade and coriander.