Breakfast never looked this healthy! Sprouted goodness and delicious veggies make these sprouted breakfast stacks on spicy potato rösti a cut above the rest.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
For the rösti
2 large potatoes
3 tbsp cake flour
1 tsp masala
Pinch of salt
Oil for frying
For the stack
1 cup hummus
2 cups legume sprouts (chickpea, lentil, mung)
1 cup leafy pea sprouts
1. Grate the potatoes and squeeze out all the excess liquid before combining with the dry ingredients and eggs.
2. Shape the rösti mixture into rounds and fry on both sides until golden brown.
3. Mix the hummus with the legume sprouts, set aside.
4. Poach the eggs by bringing some water to a gentle simmer in a pan. Crack an egg into a cup and slide it out of the cup and into the simmering water. Immediately cover the egg with the cup and leave to cook for a few seconds, until the egg holds its shape. Remove the cup and leave the egg to cook until done to your liking.
5. To assemble, top the rösti with the hummus mixture and poached egg.
6. To serve, dress the sprouted breakfast stack with sriracha sauce and fresh pea sprouts.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za