Something light and simple awaits you with this fresh spinach and potato gratin! Make it your main for a lovely vegetarian option or serve it on the side with your meat.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
250 ml reduced-fat cream
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 sprigs thyme
1 sprig rosemary
Salt and pepper
500 g baby spinach
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
850 g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (±3 mm)
35 g Cheddar, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Place cream, garlic, thyme and rosemary in a small pot. Slowly increase the heat until bubbles form around the edge.
3. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain to remove the herbs and garlic.
4. Place spinach in a colander and pour a kettle of boiling water over it. Allow to drain for a few minutes, then squeeze out any remaining water. Place spinach in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Arrange a layer of potato slices across the bottom of the dish. Season with salt, then top with the spinach. Layer the rest of the potato slices on top. Pour over the cream and sprinkle with the cheese.
6. Bake for 40–50 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Recipe, styling & photography: Anett Velsberg