Pasta comes in all sorts of glorious shapes and sizes but have you ever experimented with giant pasta shells? Trust us, you’ll love them!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 20 min
500g jumbo conchigile
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup roughly chopped spinach
2 x 230g tubs smooth cottage cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup grated hard cheese
2x 400g jars tomato and basil pasta sauce
Handful of grated hard cheese
Handful of basil
1. Preheat oven to 230 • C
2. Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water for about 7 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over high heat, then fry garlic until golden. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Remove from heat.
4. Combine cottage cheese, hard cheese and eggs in a bowl. Mix in spinach then season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the tomato and basil sauce into a skillet plan and smooth the surface. Fill each pasta shell with cottage cheese mixture, then arrange them in a circular pattern on top of the sauce.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the sauce bubbles and the shells are slightly crisp.
7. To serve, garnish the pasta shells with extra hard cheese.
Get your fill with this super quick and easy balsamic mushroom pasta. The incredible flavour will have you heading back for seconds!