Keep things old-school and serve your guests these mouth-watering spinach and ricotta tartlets. Feel free to double up the recipe if you are serving a large group of people.
MAKES 8 individual tartlets // COOKING TIME 1 hour
1 tbsp olive oil
200 g baby spinach
2 leeks, finely sliced
1 bunch kale, trimmed and finely shredded
200 g ricotta
Small bunch parsley, chopped
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper
2 × 400 g roll puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a muffin tray with cooking spray.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Add baby spinach, leeks and kale, and fry for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat. Add the ricotta, parsley, nutmeg and cumin, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roll out both rolls of pastry on a floured surface, to about 3 mm thick. Place them next to each other so that you create one long pastry sheet.
5. Spread the filling evenly over the pastry, leaving a margin around the edges. Brush the empty margin with the beaten egg to help seal the rolls.
6. Roll up the pastry into a cylinder. Place on a baking tray and put in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
7. Remove from the freezer and slice into 5 cm-thick rounds.
8. Place each round in a muffin hole and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Serve.