Transform your breakfast game with this delicious soufflé omelette one lazy weekend morning! And feel free to swap the Parmesan and herbs out for your favourites.
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 30 min
6 eggs, separated
1 tsp butter
1 tsp vegetable oil
¼ cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Whisk the egg yolks until smooth.
3. Whip the whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the yolks.
4. Heat the butter and oil in an ovenproof pan. Pour in the egg mixture, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake for 5–7 minutes, until omelette is puffed up and golden.
6. Slide on to a plate, fold in half and sprinkle with Parmesan and microherbs.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Samantha Pinto//HMimages.co.za