Got a taste for seafood? This lightly smoked mackerel pasta is perfect for lunch or supper. Plus, mackerel is a sustainable fish option from the WWF-SASSI green list!
SERVES 4–6 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 5 min
2 garlic cloves
Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt and pepper
1 cup mascarpone
250 g linguine
200 g smoked mackerel
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Wrap the garlic and onion in foil with a drizzle of oil, and season. Roast for 40 minutes.
3. Place the mascarpone, roast garlic and onion in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Boil the pasta in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
5. Add the sauce to the pasta. Flake in the mackerel. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes, until heated through.
6. Serve sprinkled with lemon zest and cumin seeds.
Recipes & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen