The best thing about roasting is it requires little to no attention. You can leave this pork crown with baby tomatoes in the oven to slow-roast while you go about your day.
SERVES 8 // COOKING TIME 2 hours 20 min
10 thyme sprigs
2 tsp paprika
⅓ cup olive oil
3.5–4 kg pork crown
500 g baby tomatoes
1 tbsp sugar
3 wheels feta
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Combine thyme, paprika, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Rub the pork crown with the spiced oil until fully coated.
3. Transfer to a roasting tin and cover the bones with foil to prevent burning. Cook in the oven for 1½ hours.
4. In a bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, tomatoes and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Remove the pork from the oven, scatter the tomatoes over it and return to the oven for another 30–50 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
6. Allow the pork to rest for 30 minutes before carving. Serve with the feta crumbled over it.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto & Sean Dollery // HMimages.co.za
Once you’ve mastered this roast, try your hand at our beef prime rib roast with white-wine sauce.