Make your mornings sweet with these delicious sesame oats with fig jam. If you can’t find tahini, opt for nut butter of your choice instead.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 50 min
For the fig jam
2 cups water
4 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the sesame oats
3 cups water
1 cup oats
¼ cup vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted, plus extra to garnish
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup milk
5 tbsp tahini
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. For the fig jam, place the figs on a baking tray. Mix water, honey and vanilla essence. Pour over the figs.
3. Roast figs for 30 minutes, until soft. Mash with a fork and add the fig juices.
4. For the sesame oats, place the water, oats, protein powder, sesame seeds and salt in a pot.
5. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the oats are cooked and creamy.
6. Remove from the heat. Fold in the milk and tahini.
7. Serve the oats topped with the fig jam. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za