Think risotto sounds intimidating? Think again, with us here to guide you! Our seafood and sparkling-wine risotto is a great way to enjoy the some of the best fare SA has to offer.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 45 min
1ℓ chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
350g Arborio rice
200 ml dry sparkling wine
150g calamari tubes
12 prawns, shells removed
12 mussels, shells removed
3 tbsp grated Parmesan
1 tbsp butter
Salt and black pepper
1 green chilli, finely sliced, to garnish
Parsley, to garnish
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Heat the stock in a pot over low heat and keep it simmering.
2. Heat the oil in another pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, making sure every grain is coated in oil, and fry for 1 minute, until it starts to look transparent. Add the wine and keep stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
3. Add 1 cup hot stock and the seafood to the risotto. Cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has been absorbed. Add the rest of the stock, cup by cup, until all of it has been absorbed, the rice is tender and the seafood is cooked through.
4. Stir in the Parmesan and 1 tbsp butter. Season and remove from the heat. Cover with a lid and let stand for 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with chilli and parsley, and serve with lemon.