We’re getting cracking with egg recipes this month! Enjoy these delicious Scotch eggs treat to celebrate the upcoming festivities!
MAKES 6 // COOKING TIME 30 min
12 pork bangers, casings removed
3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
20 g parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Flour, to dust
150 g panko breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
1. Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix sausage mince with 2 eggs, mustard and parsley. Season.
3. Place remaining 6 eggs in a pot of boiling water. Cook for 4–9 minutes, as per preference. Place in cold water. Once cool enough to handle, peel.
4. Line up bowls containing flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
5. Divide the sausage mixture into 6 and cover each egg with it. Roll in flour, dip in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs.
6. Heat the oil and deep-fry the eggs for 10–12 minutes, until cooked through.
7. Drain and leave to cool before serving with tomato sauce and a salad.