Rethink what you know about overnight oats and enjoy this savoury recipe for a work lunch that will have everyone in the office green with envy!
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 5 min, plus overnight
1 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
1 cup hot water
1 cup oats
3 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, grated
3 cups morogo, chopped
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 soft-boiled eggs
1. Mix together the sundried- tomato pesto, water and oats. Add to a jar and refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
3. Add the morogo and allow to wilt for 5 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, season to taste and cook until heated through.
4. Cool completely and pack into a lunch box.
5. Serve the savoury oats topped with some spicy morogo and a boiled egg.
Recipe & styling: Leila-Ann Mokotedi
Photography: Peet Mocke // HMimages.co.za
Find more great lunch options here!