Who wouldn’t love waking up to a batch of these savoury banana pancakes? They’re a delicious and carb-conscious option for those watching their gluten intake.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 35 min
For the pancakes
2 large bananas, mashed
½ cup milk
1 cup oat flour (1½ cups oats)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 banana, sliced lengthways
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
10 g coriander, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
1. Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Mix eggs, bananas and milk. Whisk in the remaining pancake ingredients.
3. Scoop 3 tbsp batter into the pan, flattening it. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Fry the banana until golden brown.
5. Serve the pancakes topped with banana, chicken, coriander and onion.
Tip: Make your own oat flour by popping rolled oats in a food processor and pulsing until finely ground.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za